PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL NOT HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL UPDATES POSTED AFTER 10-15-16. A NEW WEBSITE IS BEING DESIGNED. AS SOON AS IT IS PUBLISHED YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE REDIRECTED TO THAT NEW FORMAT.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
THE WEBMASTER MAY BE CONTACTED THROUGH THE FGVFC E-MAIL:
Proudly serving our community for over 60 years.
In 1949, after a dwelling fire took the lives of 3 children, 10 local men pitched in fifty dollars each and founded the Forest Grove Volunteer Fire Company.
Frank Allonardo Sr., Ralph Burrell, Sylvester Cifaloglio, Americo Crescitelli, Charles DeWoody Sr., Angelo Mastro, James Pacitto, Joseph Scapellato Sr., Arthur Smith and John Tarozzi used their five hundred dollar investment and purchased a 1935 Aherens-Fox engine from the Salem, New Jersey Fire Department.
This original engine still proudly resides in the firehouse.
The funds for additional fire equipment were raised by having card parties held at Allonardo's Garage.
After renting a piece of ground and a building from the Forest Grove Athletic Association for several years, both were purchased from the Athletic Association.
On March 7th, 1950 the Forest Grove Volunteer Fire Company was incorporated.
The Fire Company has since grown from the original 10 founders and 1 engine to a company of over 60 members and multiple pieces of equipment.